- Completion of your undergraduate degree or Juris Doctor qualification in 2020, 2019 or 2018.
Graduates from the following degree disciplines:
- Mathematics, Statistics and Analytics
- Finance, Business, Economics and Accounting
- Arts & Social Sciences (including criminology/investigations)
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Australian citizenship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative approach to problem solving
An ability to:
- think critically when interpreting information
- adapt quickly and effectively to new situations
- build, maintain and utilise networks and relationships within ASIC
- participate in projects across ASIC
- A commitment to your professional development
- An alignment to ASIC's Values: Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork
We especially encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
Our application process has four stages and we will keep you informed of your progress at every stage:
- Online application form
- Video interview and online psychometric assessment
- Assessment centre
- Reference checks and offer
Online application form
You will be required to submit your personal and educational details and upload a resume.
To apply for the ASIC Graduate Program, you must be an Australian citizen (not a permanent resident). You must have completed (or be about to complete) an undergraduate degree or Juris Doctor qualification in 2020, 2019 or 2018. You must complete your degree before the Graduate Program begins in January 2021.
Video interview and online psychometric assessment
If you are successful from the online application, you will be invited to participate in a video interview.
You will also be asked to complete an online psychometric assessment.
A select number of applicants will progress to the assessment centre. This is a full day session which will involve activities designed to assess your capabilities against pre-determined criteria relevant to the role. On the day, you will also participate in a face to face interview where you will be asked a range of technical and behavioural questions. We are looking for in-depth responses that allow us an insight into how you might behave in work situations.
Organisational suitability assessment
Our recruitment team will contact previous employers, schools, colleges or other sources you provide us with to learn more about your employment history, educational background and qualifications.
Your offer will be made over the phone and your contract will be emailed to you. As part of the offer pack, you will be required to satisfactorily complete an ASIC suitability and baseline assessment to determine your suitability for employment.