Prosecutor | Adelaide
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description -SBC&D - ASIC3 Prosecutor - 20161205.pdf (PDF, 84KB)
- Are you an experienced Prosecutor?
- Does appearing for ASIC in summary regulatory matters interest you?
- Perth OR Adelaide based, 12 month fixed term contract
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Small Business, Compliance & Deterrence Team works with small business to raise awareness of their legal obligations. The team also investigates reports of misconduct, conducts surveillances and compliance activities which may lead to criminal prosecution, civil or administrative action.
In this role, you will apply your legal expertise and analytical ability to:
- assess, prepare and conduct summary regulatory prosecutions and civil actions across jurisdictions
- conduct legal research and assist the Leading Prosecutor with providing technical advice
- manage all aspects of the prosecution workflow
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders including insolvency practitioners, witnesses and general public
You have strong advocacy skills and a proven knowledge of criminal and civil procedure. You have managed all aspects of litigation in a high volume environment. A relevant tertiary qualification in law is essential for this role.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
This role is based in either Perth OR Adelaide and will be a 12 month fixed-term contract. The salary on offer is $64,124 plus 15.4% superannuation.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.