Senior Lawyer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - CLO - EL2 - Senior Lawyer Stakeholder Support - 20170208.pdf (PDF, 80KB)
Senior Lawyer – Chief Legal Office
- Enjoy using your legal expertise to provide advice on novel or complex legal matters
- Make your contribution to the work of ASIC in regulating the Australian financial system
- Sydney or Melbourne based opportunity
At ASIC, there is a reason for everything we do - every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Stakeholder Support team provides advice on law reform, drafts and settles legislative instruments and gives opinions on legal rights and responsibilities. It works closely with the Commission, ASIC's stakeholder, strategy and registry teams, and sits within the Chief Legal Office group.
In this role, you will use your legal experience and governance skills to:
- Lead and manage the provision of legal services to Stakeholder teams.
- Provide advice and assistance on complex or novel regulatory matters.
- Research issues arising from the administration of the legislation for which ASIC is responsible.
- Assist with drafting and settling legislative instruments and contribute into development of policy and the law reform.
To succeed in this role, you will have experience in providing legal advice on corporations and financial services law matters. You will display exposure to the legislation relevant to the functions of ASIC, and related financial services and credit legislation. You are required to have a legal qualification to undertake this role.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability. Specific retention programs may be offered to encourage development within ASIC as well.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.