Senior Lawyer | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL2 - Senior Lawyer- IMS - 201610.pdf (PDF, 85KB)
- Inspire , lead and mentor a team of specialised professionals
- Use your industry expertise to contribute to the Financial Services industry.
- Full Time / Part time are available in multiple locations - Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and well–being.
The work of the Investment Managers & Superannuation is responsible for the regulation of responsible entities, managed investment schemes, investment managers, custodial services providers and superannuation trustees and funds.
You will be
- providing leadership in the assessment of complex matters such as applications for relief and considering the regulatory impact of those decisions
- providing legal analysis of relevant legislation (the Corporations Act and some focus on the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act) to advise on a range of policy and technical issues
- assessing disclosures relevant to the managed investments and superannuation industries, including in relation to scheme reconstructions and fundraising
- undertaking proactive and reactive risk based surveillance and compliance activities of responsible entities, investment managers, custodians, platform operators and superannuation trustees
- analysing and advising on practices and policy relating to responsible entities, managed investment schemes, investment managers, custodians, platform operators, superannuation funds and trustees
You will have;
- Legal experience gained in the managed investments industry, superannuation industry, financial services or a government regulator.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Corporations Act 2001 and Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act
- A Bachelor's degree in law. An additional qualification or major in commerce or finance will be well regarded
The salary will commence from $113,911, depending on your experience plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application