Intelligence Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| New Position Description - ME - ASIC 4 Intelligence Analyst - 20170308.pdf (PDF, 98KB)
- Keen to put on your intelligence hat and work on surveillances and investigations?
- Non Ongoing roles available in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Salary from $76,730 – $86,004 plus 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and well–being.
Market Enforcement investigates suspected market misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of relevant laws. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action under the Market Integrity Rules.
You will -
- Provide tactical intelligence support to active investigations and enquiries
- Collate and distil material and deliver analysis and/or intelligence to the teams by utilising a new intelligence platform
- Use all available tools to assist investigation teams gather intelligence and optimise the presentation of evidence and chronologies
- Configure reports, queries and alerts in the platform to support team-specific requirements
- Configure data load templates as required for new sources of information
You will enjoy using your analytical skills to interrogate data and assess matters to uncover insights and generate themes. A good understanding of IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook together with some knowledge of database design and administration will be highly regarded. Your previous experience related to financial crime investigation or analysis will see you succeed.
A relevant tertiary qualification such as accounting, IT, investigations, or finance is required.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.