Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| New Position Description - IMS - ASIC3 Analyst - 201703.pdf (PDF, 72KB)
- Begin your journey in a regulatory environment
- Sydney or Melbourne based.
- Salary from $64,124 – $73,504 plus 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and well–being.
The work of the Investment Managers & Superannuation is responsible for the regulation of responsible entities, managed investment schemes, investment managers, custodial services providers and superannuation trustees and funds.
You will be
- Undertaking research on projects and matters relevant to managed investments and the superannuation industry with particular focus on innovative business models, such as marketplace lending and crowdfunding, and potential impact of innovation on the industry.
- Providing assistance to eligible fintech start-ups in the managed investments and superannuation industry, with particular focus on these start-ups potential obligations under the Corporations Act and the ASIC Act.
- Contributing to surveillance projects in response to identified concerns, or as part of on-going compliance monitoring.
You will apply your analytical and problem solving skills in a regulatory setting and success will depend on having an understanding of the new innovative business models and identifying regulatory issues. Understanding of fintech start-ups will be an advantage.
Tertiary qualifications in business, economics, accounting, commerce, finance or law would be desirable
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application