Data Analyst | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Corporations - ASIC4 - Data Analyst - 20170306.pdf (PDF, 77KB)
- Looking to apply your data analytics experience in a regulatory environment?
- Can you turn data into information, and information into insight?
- Data powers everything we do in ASIC
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Corporations team oversees disclosure and conduct of corporate transactions such as fundraising, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, share buy backs, compulsory acquisitions, employee incentive schemes, related party transactions and financial reporting.
In this role, you will apply your analytical skills and critical thinking for internal reporting and Corporations project priorities to:
- collect relevant information and intelligence
- manipulate, clean and explore data in preparation for analysis
- analyse structured and unstructured data using statistical or machine learning approaches, and
- communicate analytical findings, including through reports, briefings, presentations and data visualisation.
You will need to be curious and a keen problem solver who is proficient in using Microsoft Excel and computer-based technology to perform data analysis. Experience working with complex data in a commercial, consulting or academic environment is essential. You are required to have a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline to undertake this role.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.