Senior Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - MS - EL2 - Senior Analyst - 20170306.pdf (PDF, 82KB)
- Use your industry experience to achieve better outcomes in regulating wholesale over-the-counter (OTC) markets
- Opportunity to develop your career in a regulatory environment
- Sydney or Melbourne location available
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
This role is based in the Market Supervision Relationship Team. The team is responsible for ensuring fair and efficient operation of financial markets by supervising conduct of market participants and investment banks , including their listed and over-the-counter (OTC) trading, and corporate advisory activities.
As a Senior Analyst, you will use your strategic mindset and analytical skills to:
- Design regulatory responses to misconduct in the wholesale over-the-counter (OTC) markets, in particular, fixed income, interest rates, credit derivatives, currencies and commodities.
- Proactively identify emerging risks, and provide strategic analysis, evaluation and guidance on technical and policy issues related to wholesale OTC markets.
- Maintain relationships with a range of internal and industry stakeholders.
- Develop wholesale OTC markets surveillance plans and contribute to their implementation.
To be successful in this role you will need to display commercial acumen and good knowledge of the fixed income, interest rates, credit derivatives, currencies and commodities markets. You will have experience in managing risk and compliance issues in a financial services or regulatory environment. This role requires you to have tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.