Data Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - SS - EL1 Data Analyst - 201703.pdf (PDF, 72KB)
Data Analyst, Chief Data Office
- Do you enjoy digging into data to develop data driven strategies?
- Data powers everything we do in ASIC
- Sydney or Melbourne based, initially 18 month fixed-term contract with a possibility to become ongoing.
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
This role sits within the newly established Office of the Chief Data Office (CDO). The CDO team works collaboratively with business and technical stakeholders to develop data polices, principles and standards to optimise the capture, share and use of data in ASIC. The team oversees a data governance program to protect ASIC's data assets and manage risk.
This is the perfect opportunity to make a significant contribution to ASIC as a regulator by driving master data management disciplines and data governance discussions and initiatives across our teams.
In this role, you will apply your analytical ability and critical thinking to:
- collect relevant information on critical datasets, recurrent datasets and master data repository to create a register of critical datasets
- extract and interpret information mining multiple databases to process map the flow of data within ASIC's critical datasets
- manipulate and interpret data to create reporting to support information sharing and decision making for governance boards
- provide expert advice to stakeholder teams on data standards and guidelines
You will have strong analytical mind and technical specialist knowledge in applying sophisticated computer-based technology to capture, manage and interrogate data. You have experience analysing and working with complex datasets. You'll thrive on partnering with people in the business to develop data driven strategies and support operational data capture and analysis.
Tertiary qualifications in a discipline that requires analysis of complex information, interpretation and written reporting of findings; e.g. Information Management, Computer Science, Economics or Data Analytics are highly desirable.
This position is a non-ongoing 18 month fixed-term contract at the Executive Level 1 classification. The salary will range from $100,555 up to $116,313 (depending on your experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.