Senior Data Strategy & Governance Specialist | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - SS - EL2 Senior Data Strategy and Governance Specialist - 201703.pdf (PDF, 132KB)
Senior Data Strategy & Governance Specialist, Chief Data Office
- Are you passionate about turning data into insights?
- If so we need YOUR help to drive ASIC's data strategy and governance agenda, culture and roadmap
- Sydney or Melbourne based, initially 18 month fixed-term contract with a possibility to become ongoing.
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
This role sits within the newly established Office of the Chief Data Officer (CDO). The CDO team works collaboratively with business and technical stakeholders to develop data polices, principles and standards to optimise the capture, share and use of data in ASIC. The team oversees a data governance program to protect ASIC's data assets and manage risk.
This is the perfect opportunity to make a significant contribution to ASIC as a regulator by driving master data management disciplines and data governance discussions and initiatives across our teams. In this role, you will apply your technical expertise and leadership skills to:
- assist with the development and implementation of ASIC's Data Strategy
- develop ASIC's Data policies, principles, standards and guidelines
- create a communications plan and education strategy to embed the role of the Chief Data Office
- develop the end to end service that presents actionable data, information and intelligence to business units
- participate in data related initiatives and projects which require the expertise and advice from the CDO function to optimise the capture, sharing and usage of data
- assist teams with defining and acquiring the bulk data sets they require
- provide guidance and support to the data analyst and technical input and advice to stakeholder teams
You will have experience as a senior business analyst working with complex data, embedding data strategy and establishing systems to manage the collection and storage of data, likely to have been gained in a large corporate, consulting, government or academic environment. Your technical specialist knowledge will enable you to utilise and apply sophisticated computer-based technology for information capture, data mining and analysis. You will also have an indepth understanding of legal and policy frameworks and governance approaches applicable in data strategy and master data management. You'll thrive on partnering with people in the business to develop data driven strategies and support their operational data analysis. You have a talent for guiding and leading team members to achieve good outcomes for stakeholders.
Tertiary qualifications in a field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or Economics are essential
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply’ to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.