Internal Audit Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IAOP - EL1 - Internal Audit Manager - 20170314.pdf (PDF, 78KB)
Internal Audit Manager
- Looking to apply your audit techniques in a regulatory environment?
- Lead internal audit, assurance and compliance projects for Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator.
- Sydney CBD location, part-time or full-time
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Internal Audit and Operational Risk team works with the Commission and Senior Management across ASIC, developing and advising on ASIC's operational risk management framework, facilitating risk management activities and assessing the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance frameworks and ASIC's compliance with legislative and internal policies.
In this role, you will apply your expertise and analytical ability to:
- lead and conduct internal audits, across ASIC business units. This includes scoping of internal audits to ensure they target key risk areas and delivering internal audit projects to budgets and deadlines
- manage the planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow up on financial, performance and compliance reviews
- oversee the work of staff from ASIC's co-sourced provider, as assigned, on individual internal audits and
- provide input into the development of the annual internal audit plan.
You will have a keen interest in regulatory activities and have an ability to apply sound judgement in a regulatory context. Previous experience working in financial services and/or professional firms in internal audit or consulting is necessary. You will be accustomed to business process analysis and control assessment. Naturally collaborative, you will possess exceptional relationship management and communications skills complemented with an absolute commitment to achieving outcomes.
A Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce. CPA or CA is highly desirable.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.