Security Analyst, Compliance | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC4 - Security Analyst, Compliance.pdf (PDF, 74KB)
Security Analyst, Compliance
- Join our growing security assessment and compliance team in Sydney
- Full time, Ongoing role
- Salary from $78,265 - $87,724 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Security Services team develops, implements and monitors ASIC's security policy framework to ensure the security and safety of ASIC's people, information and physical environment. The Security Assessment and Compliance team is responsible for managing a range of personnel security activities including processing pre-employment and ongoing employment security assessments and vetting, identifying and mitigating insider threat risks, managing assurance controls and personnel compliance against ASIC's security policy framework.
As a Security Analyst, you will be
- managing the ongoing interests of all staff, Australian Government resources and information, including requests to trade, conflicts of interest, information classification and annual security health checks
- providing security briefings for ASIC employees undertaking official overseas travel, providing advice and guidance to employees travelling and implementing solutions for identified issues
- assisting with the provision of sufficient information and security awareness training to ensure all staff are aware and meet the requirements of the Protective Security Policy Framework
- ensuring appropriate compliance and assurance arrangements are undertaken including managing the annual health check processes for all staff, providing trade approvals and managing reporting and processes for conflicts of interest.
You will apply your analytical and problem solving skills to mitigate risk. You enjoy engaging with stakeholders, manage multiple tasks and prioritise, work with complex information and are able to gather, analyse and interrogate data to make recommendations. You'll have technical expertise in personnel security, governance security and risk assessment. A comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework would be valued.
Relevant tertiary qualification in protective security management, Certificate 3 or 4 in Government (Personnel Security) is highly desirable.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities and qualifications required for this role and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.