Manager, Security Assessment & Compliance | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL1 Manager, Security Assessment & Compliance.pdf (PDF, 75KB)
Manager, Security Assessment & Compliance
- Opportunity to make a genuine difference to the landscape of Australia's economy!
- Sydney based, ongoing role.
- Salary from $102,566 – $113,078 (dependent on your experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Security Services team develops, implements and monitors ASIC's security policy framework to ensure the security and safety of ASIC's people, information and physical environment.
You will be
- planning, leading and managing a team responsible for processing pre-employment and ongoing security clearances for employees and contractors, including assessment, vetting, and investigations
- building a security culture within ASIC by managing governance of the Protective Security Policy Framework and associated government standards
- leading and managing policy and procedures development including writing policy and procedures relating to security risks, threat assessment and personnel vetting.
- liaising with government agencies, law enforcement authorities, security agencies and other security specialists
Success will depend on your ability to provide expert advice on personnel security, governance and risk assessment. You will have a comprehensive understanding of the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework including the functions of the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA). Your enjoyment working with complex material, your strong decision making skills and ability to provide strategic input in policy development, drafting reports will see you succeed.
Relevant tertiary qualification in protective security management, Certificate 3 or 4 in Government (Personnel Security) is desirable.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities and qualifications required for this role and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.