Analyst | Adelaide
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC4 - SBCD - Analyst - 201709.pdf (PDF, 84KB)
- Do you have investigative mindset and strong surveillance capabilities?
- Be part of the team that takes action against small business misconduct
- Adelaide based full time ongoing position
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Small Business, Compliance & Deterrence Team works with small business to raise awareness of their legal obligations. The team also investigates reports of misconduct, conducts surveillances and compliance activities which may lead to criminal prosecution, civil or administrative action.
In this role, you will apply your analytical abilities to:
- Deliver regulatory outcomes and ensure compliance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act.
- Undertake surveillance activities, refer matters for investigation and compile briefs for evidence for successful criminal and / or administrative actions.
- Contribute to increasing small business awareness of compliance obligations and support development of communication and engagement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Ideally you would have previous experience in investigating breaches and ability to interpret and apply legislation and policy. You will have experience in conducting investigations or surveillances, preparing briefs of evidence, and an understanding of criminal and administrative litigation procedures. A degree qualification in business, commerce, finance or law is highly desirable.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.