Lawyer | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IMS - ASIC4 - Lawyer - 201709.pdf (PDF, 78KB)
- Play a pivotal role in regulating investor and superannuation industry misconduct
- Opportunity to make a genuine difference to the landscape of Australia's economy
- Non-ongoing position for initial 18 months, additional locations: Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Investment Managers and Superannuation team is responsible for regulation of responsible entities, registered managed investment schemes, superannuation trustees, asset managers and custodians.
You will contribute to the work of Investment Managers and Superannuation team by:
- Undertaking analysis and research, and providing advice on a range of technical and policy issues, relevant projects and applications.
- Assessing, reporting and making recommendations on applications for exemption and modification of the Corporations Act and registration of managed investment schemes.
- Providing input in policy reviews and future policy directions.
To succeed in this role, you will be required to have legal experience that is gained in financial services, a government or regulatory environment. You will display strong ability to interpret and apply financial services legislation and policy. You are required to hold tertiary qualifications in law to undertake this role.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information or click ‘apply' to submit your application.