Lawyer - Investment Managers & Superannuation | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IMS - EL1 Lawyer - 201709.pdf (PDF, 73KB)
Lawyer – Investment Managers & Superannuation
- Opportunity to make a genuine difference to the landscape of Australia's economy!
- Complement our team with your legal expertise
- Sydney or Melbourne based
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Investment Managers & Superannuation team is responsible for the regulation of responsible entities, managed investment schemes, investment managers, custodial services providers and superannuation trustees and funds for conduct and disclosure requirements, and a range of exempt operators including Foreign Financial Service Providers (FFSP). We also provide assistance and advice to government on other aspects of law reform in the areas that we regulate.
In this role, you will apply your judgement and analytical ability to:
- undertake research on projects and matters relevant to the managed investments and superannuation industry, with particular focus on the Corporations Act and Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act
- provide technical advice on a range of policy and technical issues involving the regulation of the managed investments and superannuation industry
- undertake proactive and reactive risk based surveillance and compliance activities
- make recommendations on applications for exemption and modification of the Corporations Act and the registration of managed investment schemes
- review and make recommendations in relation to reconstructions and listings of managed investment schemes
- assist in policy reviews and in future policy directions and reforms for the regulation of the managed investments and superannuation industry.
You will have substantial corporate or commercial legal experience gained in the managed investments or superannuation industry, financial services or within a government regulator. You must also have the skill to discern critical legal, policy and strategic issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a regulatory environment. You will have a comprehensive understanding of legislation impacting the industry and can articulate complex information so it is easy-to-understand. The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years relevant experience as a legal practitioner and hold a bachelor degree in Law.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
The role is a fulltime ongoing position and can be located in either our Sydney or Melbourne offices. ASIC promotes flexible work practices and would consider the option of part-time, minimum 3 days per week. The salary commences from $102,566 plus up to 15.4% superannuation (dependant on experience).