Lawyer / Analyst | Perth
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Corp - ASIC4 - Lawyer-Analyst - 20171004.pdf (PDF, 79KB)
Lawyer / Analyst
- Do you have experience in corporate finance transactions related to mining & resources industry?
- Do you want to be a part of the organisation that ensures fair and efficient capital markets?
- This is a Perth based ongoing position
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Corporations team oversees corporate transactions such as fundraisings, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, share buy backs, compulsory acquisitions, employee incentive schemes, related party transactions and financial reporting.
In this role you will apply your legal or analytical skills and experience to:
- Assess relief applications under provisions of the Corporations Act.
- Review prospectuses and relevant transaction documents to ensure investors are able to make informed decisions.
- Work on regulatory policy development, project and surveillance activities to promote healthy capital markets.
- Undertake additional responsibilities or tasks as required
To be successful for this role you will need to have tertiary qualifications in law, business or commerce and exposure to the corporate, legal or regulatory environment. You will have strong knowledge of the regulatory legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the functions of ASIC, in particular, to the Corporations Act. Exposure to or strong interest in the mining and resources industry would be highly valued.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.