Finance Officer (Reconciliation & Reporting) | Traralgon
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC3 Finance Officer (Reconciliation and Reporting) - 201709.pdf (PDF, 72KB)
Finance Officer (Reconciliation & Reporting)
- Use your financial reporting experience and high level customer service skills in this multi-faceted role
- Traralgon based, fixed-term contract until May 2018
- Salary from $65,406plus up to 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Finance team provides a range of financial support and analysis services to all of ASIC internal stakeholders. Finance Operations provides direct financial support to the various business units including Administered receipts, Administered debt, Fee Waivers, Departmental accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, taxation and Unclaimed Monies.
In this role you will apply your finance experience and customer service skills to:
- assist/complete the reconciliation of the banking of public monies
- complete daily and monthly reconciliation, investigation and take corrective action
- manage financial activities relating to regulatory activities.
- respond to audit queries and financial reporting activities
- analyse financial data
- monitor and maintain the bank access schedule to mitigate risk exposure and ensure compliance with legislation
- provide assistance for the fringe benefit tax return
- liaise with a diverse range of internal and external key stakeholders
You are passionate, have an enquiring mind and enjoy solving complex problems to provide solutions to resolve customer queries. You have demonstrable experience working in Finance in particular working on high volume transactional data. Your strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (in particular Excel) along with tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Finance will be highly regarded.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information or click ‘apply' to submit your application.