Senior Lawyer | Perth
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| New Position Description - Corporations - EL2 Senior Lawyer - 201711.pdf (PDF, 140KB)
- Do you like analysing legal issues to identify options and make appropriate recommendations?
- Do you want to be a part of the organisation that ensures fair and efficient capital markets?
- Perth based position, salary from $116,189 to 135,126 (depending on experience) + up to 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Fair and transparent capital markets are integral to economic growth. The Corporations team plays a key role in ensuring appropriate disclosure and conduct in corporate transactions for the benefit of investors and the market. We oversee the legal, policy and compliance frameworks for transactions such as fundraising, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, share buy backs, compulsory acquisitions, employee incentive schemes, related party transactions, and certain aspects of financial reporting.
As a Senior Lawyer, you will make an important contribution by providing a range of legal, policy and compliance services under ASIC's discretionary powers and responsibilities under the Corporations Act.
You will contribute to the Corporations team by:
- assessing complex relief applications from the fundraising, financial reporting and takeovers provisions of the Corporations Act
- reviewing documentation relating to control transactions to ensure appropriate disclosure and structuring, and where necessary assisting with ASIC's response to applications made to the Takeovers Panel
- responding to requests for advice and conducting or assisting with surveillance and other compliance activities
- leading or assisting with the development of regulatory policy, including through research and consultation with industry stakeholders
The successful applicant will have significant experience in a corporate finance, legal or regulatory environment with a strong understanding of ASICs regulatory functions and relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Your ability to critically analyse legal issues and make recommendations within the regulatory environment is essential. You will need to have a tertiary qualification in law.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.