Assistant Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - AI LIC - Assistant Analyst ASIC 2 - 201711.pdf (PDF, 73KB)
Assistant Analyst, Licensing
- Begin your journey in a regulatory environment
- Melbourne based, Ongoing role
- Salary from $$51,313 to $55,376 plus 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Assessment & Intelligence comprises of a number of specialist teams including Licensing, Misconduct and Breach Reporting and Small Business Compliance and Deterrence. The Licensing team administers and assesses applications relating to Australian Financial Services Licences and Australian Credit Licences, as well as professional registrations for auditors and liquidators.
As an Assistant Analyst you will be:
- assessing applications for Australian Financial Services Licences under the Corporations Act and Australian Credit Licence applications under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act. This work will be focussed on applications of a kind that are considered to generally involve a lower level of relative complexity.
- assisting where required with the administration and assessment of applications for professional registrations under the Corporations Act, including applications for registration as a liquidator
- carrying out assessments of licence related applications and administrative functions in support of the licensing regime, including assessing cancellations, notifications of the change of a responsible manager and deeds of subordination
To succeed in this role, you will have customer service experience in a regulatory environment. You will have strong analytical and administrative skills to identify and interpret guidelines, applying legislation, procedures and processes.
Tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance, law or economics is desirable,
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.