Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Analyst ASIC 4 Financial Advisers.pdf (PDF, 137KB)
- Use your analytical mind to evaluate current regulatory matters and surveillance activities
- Melbourne based position.
- Salary will commence from $76,730 – $86,004 (dependent on your experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Financial Advisers team is responsible for influencing AFS licensee and adviser behaviour to comply with the Corporations Act. It is also responsible for policy work in relation to the provision of financial advice in Australia.
In this role, you will apply your expertise and analytical ability to:
▪ participating in compliance based activities including monitoring licence conditions and enforceable undertakings
▪ providing technical analysis and recommendations in relation to breach reports and misconduct referrals
▪ participating in a range of surveillance activities
▪ undertaking research and analysing data gathered as part of the surveillance process
You will apply your analytical and problem solving skills in a regulatory setting and success will depend on having an understanding of financial services sector and currently regulatory issues that face the financial services industry. You'll have extensive experience working with complex material and data and enjoy engaging with external stakeholders.
A qualification in law, Finance, or economics is required.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.