Security Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Security Analyst ASIC 3.pdf (PDF, 141KB)
- If you can find a needle in a haystack, you might just be what we're looking for!
- Drive your career in a regulatory environment.
- Sydney based, Non ongoing role for 12 months with an option to make it Ongoing
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Security Services team is responsible for implementing and monitoring ASIC's security systems to ensure the safety of ASIC's staff, official resources and information held by ASIC.
As a Security Analyst, you will be required to:
- undertake pre-engagement assessments of prospective employees including financial, criminal and character checks in accordance with ASIC's personnel security policy and the Australian Government Protective Security Policy and Framework
- collect, evaluate and analyse information from a variety of sources, including external agency data systems, personal interviews and reference checks to make recommendations on suitability of prospective and existing employees to hold a security clearance and ongoing suitability for employment
- provide advice on the security clearance process, monitor and advise on progress in accordance with set procedures and service level expectations
You will apply your analytical and investigative skills in a regulatory setting. You will have Strong security risk management knowledge and your ability to communicate effectively, engage and influence stakeholders will see you succeed. You will need to be curious and a keen problem solver who is proficient in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), and computer based technologies.
Tertiary qualifications in psychology, counselling or mental health would be highly regarded.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities and qualifications required for this role and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
The salary will commence from $65,406 depending on your experience plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.