Specialist Support | Adelaide
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC 3 - Specialist Support - 2017.pdf (PDF, 86KB)
- Begin your journey in a regulatory environment
- Adelaide based, Non Ongoing, 12 Months
- Salary from $64,124 – $67,481 plus 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and well–being.
The Specialist Support & Reporting team is responsible for providing a range of services to enable ASIC's Enforcement teams to operate efficiently and focus on running investigations and litigation by taking responsibility for some of the more specialised tasks. These services include maintaining Enforcement's case management system, assistance with the time recording and finance management system, undertaking systems training, facilitating quality assurance processes and undertaking data reporting for senior management. The team provides guidance on ensuring Enforcement matters are managed in accordance with Enforcement's project management methodology and assists with procurement You will be
- Setting up new Enforcement matters in ASIC's document management, finance and investigation reporting systems
- Providing one-on-one training and guidance on these systems and acting as the first point of contact for Enforcement staff regarding issues with systems and other relevant policies and procedures
- Assisting with the preparation of procurement of specialist services required in the investigation and litigation of Enforcement matters, such as legal and transcription services
- Checking a number of sources, including media releases and referrals data, to ensure that information captured is accurate and up to date.
To succeed in this role, you will have relevant experience preferably in a regulatory, legal or professional services environment. You are highly organised, have strong problem solving skills and the ability to analyse data and written information and discern critical issues. Customer service or internal stakeholder management experience is also highly desirable.
A bachelor degree or diploma in business, law or finance/accounting would be desirable.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.