Manager, Operational Risk | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL1 - Manager Operational Risk.pdf (PDF, 72KB)
Manager, Operational Risk
- Join our Internal Audit & Operational Risk team and advance your problem solving and stakeholder management skills
- Work within an organisation that is passionate about contributing to Australia's economic wellbeing
- Fulltime 4-6 month non-ongoing opportunity, based in Sydney
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The combined Internal Audit and Operational Risk team works with the Commission and Senior Management across ASIC, developing and advising on ASIC's operational risk management framework, facilitating risk management activities and assessing the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance frameworks including ASIC's compliance with legislative and internal policies. The team also provides best practice guidance based on Australian National Audit Office and Department of Finance guides and principles.
In this role, you will use your management expertise and analytical skills to:
- Assist the Senior Manager, Operational Risk to facilitate and manage various components of the operational risk framework
- Assist with facilitation and documentation of risk and control assessments at workshops with the various business functions
- Develop and report on key risk indicators
- Promote and develop continuous improvement of risk management training to ASIC employees.
- Communicate risk management changes appropriately
To succeed in this role, you will have relevant and demonstrated experience in operational risk management including control evaluation. You are highly organised, have strong problem solving skills and the ability to analyse data and written information and discern critical issues. Strong stakeholder management and the ability to build relationships are of significant importance including the capability to negotiate and influence others.
Risk management qualifications or accreditation is highly desirable, however, not mandatory for candidates with the right experience and skill-set.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.