Service Delivery Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IT - EL2 Service Delivery Manager - 20180130.pdf (PDF, 145KB)
- Join our growing IT team in Sydney as we embark on a technology transformation
- Work within an organisation that is passionate about technology
- Fulltime ongoing position, based in Sydney CBD
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud.
As Service Delivery Manager you will use your technical and leadership skills to:
- Effectively manage IT client relationships within the Regulatory Business
- Manage risk and potential issues within IT that may have a further impact on Regulatory systems
- Provide accurate and timely reporting including SLA's to Regulatory Program and ASIC Business Units
- Represent IT within internal and external meetings as required
- Consistently maintain and improve ASIC's IT Service Delivery management process and procedures
- Work on a number of varied internal projects including BAU and display flexibility due to possible changes in scope of business requirements at any given time
You will have extensive experience as an ITIL Service Delivery Manager with demonstrable experience in managing complex customer expectations in the delivery of effective IT services including proficient knowledge of change and incident management in a large scale and diverse environment. You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and have a strong capability to resolve complex client and stakeholder related issues. A relevant tertiary qualification in information technology is desirable, including extensive Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) knowledge.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.