Senior Manager, Market Conduct | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| New Position Description - EL2 - Senior Manager Market Conduct 201802 (1).pdf (PDF, 216KB)
- Lead a multi-skilled team that monitors the conduct on Australia's financial markets
- Ongoing permanent opportunity with generous salary based conveniently in Sydney CBD
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic priorities
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Market Conduct team sits within the Market Supervision unit of ASIC's Market Integrity Group (MIG). MIG works to make sure Australia's financial markets are fair and efficient so that investors can participate with confidence. We do this by regulating infrastructure providers, market participants, retail OTC derivatives providers and investment banks. We also carry out surveillances of Australia's markets and make sure our stakeholders comply with the law.
The Market Conduct team supervises the conduct of intermediaries in listed and OTC markets, including their trading and capital raising activities. It also leads ASIC's work on allocations in the capital raising process, culture and conduct of investment banks, and technology risk practices – and is looking to build its capabilities for regulating activity in Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) markets.
This high-profile position is responsible for leading Market Conduct team. Working closely with Market Integrity Groups Senior Executive Leaders, you will develop and deliver on the group business plans in a dynamic, high-stakes environment.
As a Senior Manager, you will be required to:
- Develop and implement business plans for the Market Conduct team
- Lead and drive a culture of agility, regulatory expertise and collaboration dedicated to monitoring conduct across investment banks, market intermediaries and securities dealers
- Develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders, regulatory bodies and work with industry groups on regulatory requirements
- Identify necessary changes in market practice or policy and lead ASIC's response
- Manage financial and staff resources, including operational budgets
You will hold relevant experience in financial markets and tertiary qualifications in finance, business, accounting or law. The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- excellent communications skills, an ability to think on their feet and communicate seamlessly with a number of different stakeholders
- extensive experience managing teams that are varied and diverse
- ability to provide coaching, strategic direction and setting stretch targets to ensure outcomes are delivered
- demonstrated knowledge of risk and compliance issues
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.