ASIC4 Team Leader, Registry | Traralgon
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC4 - Team Leader, Registry.pdf (PDF, 74KB)
- Be part of a wider team that ensures customer service is at the core of the business
- Full-time ongoing position based in Traralgon, offering between $78,265 to $88,600 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Are you experienced in successfully leading, developing and managing teams?
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
ASIC's Registry team provides efficient and accessible registry services, making it easier to do business in Australia. We also make available a wealth of public information about companies, businesses and professionals.
You may be providing front line customer services relating to registration, lodgements, or searching. Or you might be working behind the scenes to keep our high volume business running by engaging with stakeholders, working on registry policy or compliance, or improving and changing our services and technology through projects.
As a Team Leader based in the Registry team, you will be required to:
- Lead, coach and support team members to delivery timely and efficient customer service;
- Develop customer resolution skills, improve quality, encourage process improvements and ensure key performance measures are met across the team;
- Provide regular feedback, identify and plan development needs for team members;
- Manage and communicate change in a timely manner, including new law forms, changes to the business unit and so forth;
- Ensure all team administrative activities are actioned and readily available, as well as ongoing contributions to workforce planning, forecasting and rostering.
We are looking for a responsible, motivated and enthusiastic individual that will oversee up to 20 direct reports. Ideally, you will have attained tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Management, Law, Marketing or Information Technology. The successful candidate will have proven quality experience in leading and managing a team, either within a professional or financial services organisation. You will be considered an approachable, 'go to' person that can resolve a wide range of customer and stakeholder queries.
We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information or click ‘apply' to submit your application.