Senior Specialist, Superannuation | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - IMS - Senior Specialist, Superannuation - 201801.pdf (PDF, 79KB)
Senior Specialist, Superannuation
- Work for the financial services conduct regulator
- Bring your expertise to improve outcomes for superannuation consumers
- Sydney or Melbourne CBD location
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Investment Managers & Superannuation is responsible for the regulation of responsible entities, managed investment schemes, investment managers, custodial services providers and superannuation trustees and funds. This inclues conduct and disclosure requirements. We also provide assistance and advice to the Government, primarily Treasury, on law reform in the areas that we regulate.
In this senior role, you will use your extensive knowledge of the superannuation industry to lead project teams and help shape ASIC's work in the supervision of trustees.
As the Senior Specialist, you will:
- provide strategic advice on superannuation products, insurance, advice, disclosure, and dispute resolution;
- develop and implement strategies in response to superannuation law reform, industry trends, and meeting the challenges arising from an aging population;
- research matters relevant to the superannuation industry, including understanding the behaviour and needs of consumers from a superannuation engagement, insurance, retirement and experience perspective;
- partner with external stakeholders to address regulatory problems including Treasury, APRA and the ATO;
- engage with superannuation trustees on regulatory issues; and
- guide and coach the team.
To succeed in this role, you will have extensive experience in superannuation preferably from working in retail and/or industry superfunds. You will have exceptional stakeholder engagement and communication skills, with experience influencing senior stakeholders to facilitate agreement and a way forward. Your ability to think strategically and provide practical solutions to complex problems is crucial to your success.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our organisational suitability assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.