Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - MIG - MS - Analyst - AS4 - 20180514.pdf (PDF, 102KB)
Analyst - Markets Infrastructure
- Combine your passion for financial markets and analytical skills in this rewarding and
- Play a role in supervising the conduct of clearing and settlement operators
- Ongoing role based in Sydney CBD
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Market Integrity Group (MIG) ensures trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets by looking at infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets.
As part of MIG, the work of the Markets Infrastructure team is to supervise licensed financial markets, clearing and settlement facility operators, and trade repositories. The team also examines new market innovations, ongoing structural issues and policy matters about markets including providing advice to the Government about policy settings for the future of financial market infrastructure in Australia.
In this role you will apply your analytical skills to:
- Contribute to clearing and settlement infrastructure policy including the clearing and settlement of fixed income products, over-the-counter (OTC) and exchange traded derivatives. This includes the application of innovative technology including distributed ledger technology to clearing and settlement facilities
- Liaise with licensed market infrastructure facility operators and regulated entities on compliance with Australia's regulatory regime
- Work with the Reserve Bank of Australia on our shared oversight and regulation of clearing and settlement facility operators
To be successful in this role you will need to display an understanding of the clearing and settlement of fixed income, OTC and exchange traded financial products. Knowledge of applying compliance and risk frameworks to clearing and settlement facilities and its participants will be highly regarded. You are required to have tertiary qualifications in business, finance, accounting or law to undertake this role.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position descriptions for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.