Senior Manager, Complaints Resolution Team | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| NEW Position Description - SCT - EL2 Senior Manager (Analyst teams) - 201805.pdf (PDF, 118KB)
Senior Manager, Complaints Resolution Team
- Inspire, lead and mentor a diverse team of professionals
- Bring your expertise to improve outcomes for superannuation complaints
- Melbourne based CBD location
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Superannuation Complaints Tribunal (SCT) is an independent dispute resolution body which deals with a diverse range of superannuation-related complaints and offers a free, user friendly alternative to the court system. Its objectives are to resolve complaints fairly, economically, informally and quickly. SCT team members are employees of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) which is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator.
As a Senior Manager in the Complaints Resolution Team, you will lead the Complaints Analysts teams to support the resolution of complaints, and the delivery of business activities and projects.
You will contribute to the work of the SCT by:
- leading and managing the Complaints Analysts teams through a period of significant organisational change, mentoring and developing staff and conducting performance management within ASIC guidelines
- providing advice and direction to the team regarding appropriate action to be taken to resolve complaints
- contributing to the development, review, and implementation of complaints handling procedures and practices across the SCT to improve workflow and the quality of work
- measuring and monitoring workflow and distributing, as required, timely and accurate management and progress reports to the Complaints Analysts teams to ensure performance standards are met
You will have strong analytical and leadership skills ideally gained in a financial service, regulatory, corporate or government environment. You are a people leader who enjoys coaching and mentoring team members to facilitate staff development and performance. You are a strong communicator who can express ideas and opinions clearly with senior stakeholders and the broader business. Your experience in providing high level specialist and technical advice about the application of administrative law or handling complaints would be highly regarded.
A tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce, Economics, Finance or Law is required.
From $137,829 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our organisational suitability assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.