Senior Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EL 2 Senior Analyst .pdf (PDF, 75KB)
- Use your analytical mind to evaluate regulatory matters and surveillance activities
- Sydney based position.
- Salary will commence from $118,513(dependent on your experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Financial Advisers team is responsible for influencing AFS licensee and adviser behaviour to comply with the Corporations Act. It is also responsible for policy work aimed at promoting confident and informed consumers and retail investors.
In this role, you will apply your expertise and analytical ability to:
- conduct surveillances to ensure compliance with the law, including onsite visits as well as desk-based reviews of material,
- work with the wider Financial Advisers team to investigate and compile briefs for submission to the delegate,
- provide high level analysis, evaluation, guidance and strategic input on technical and policy issues relating to the provision of financial advice, the distribution of financial products, and compliance with regulatory requirements
You will apply your analytical and problem-solving skills in a regulatory setting and success will depend on your understanding of a broad range of financial advice products available to Australian consumers. You'll have extensive experience working with complex material and enjoy engaging with external stakeholders.
A Bachelor degree in law, finance, economics, commerce or related discipline is required.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.