Lawyer/Analyst | National
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| New Position Description - Corporations - ASIC4 Lawyer Analyst - 201711 (1).pdf (PDF, 144KB)
- Join our Corporations team and contribute to the regulation of Australia's capital markets
- 1 full time ongoing role available in Melbourne CBD
- 1 full time ongoing role to be based in either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth
- Competitive salary from $79,830 - $89,478 with 15.4% superannuation and the potential to receive annual bonus based on performance.
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The team – Markets, Corporations
Fair and transparent capital markets are integral to economic growth. The Corporations team plays a key role in ensuring appropriate disclosure and conduct in corporate transactions for the benefit of investors and the market. We oversee the legal, policy and compliance frameworks for transactions such as fundraising, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, share buy backs, compulsory acquisitions, employee incentive schemes, related party transactions, and certain aspects of financial reporting.
In this role, you will contribute to work of ASIC's Markets division by:
- Assessing various types of relief applications in line with the Corporations Act
- Reviewing prospectuses and related party transactions to ensure shareholders can make informed investment decisions
- Reviewing various documentation to ensure appropriate disclosure and structuring
- Responding to requests for advice and conducting or supporting with surveillance and compliance activities
- Developing regulatory policy
- Reporting on project outcomes, including responding to market conditions in line with ASIC's strategic priorities
At ASIC we recruit people with a variety of experience. At the heart of what we are looking for is an inquisitive mind and someone who enjoys casting a critical eye. We want you to bring your dedication and experience to assessing complex information. Ideally you will enjoy working in collaboration within a team to solve problems and make recommendations using data and stakeholder input.
You will have an advanced ability to analyse complex information and understand commercial transactions. You must also have the skill to discern legal and strategic issues and recommend appropriate options and solutions in a regulatory environment. You will also be able to articulate complex information so it is easy to understand.
For the position of Lawyer, you are required to understand law, practice and policy related to capital market law including adept knowledge of the Corporations Act 2001. A tertiary legal qualification is essential to undertake this role.
For the position of Analyst, you will require a tertiary qualification in business, commerce or a related discipline, including knowledge of the Corporations Act 2001.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.