Senior Specialist, Privacy | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description.CLO.Senior Specialist Privacy.EL2.pdf (PDF, 147KB)
- Lead ASIC's privacy law compliance, advice and governance function
- Be part of ASIC's Chief Legal Office
- Conveniently located in the CBD of Melbourne or Sydney
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
This is a full-time 12-month opportunity within the Executive Level 2 salary ranging from $139,844 to $166,066, plus 15.4% superannuation, and bonus scheme.
The Chief Legal Office is responsible for a wide range of legal matters including providing advice and oversight in respect of major cases being conducted by ASIC, providing advice in respect of complex or novel regulatory matters and advising the Commission and senior officers as to their legal rights and responsibilities.
About the role
As the Senior Specialist (Privacy Law) in the Chief Legal Office, you will:
- Lead ASIC's central privacy function and be responsible for ASIC's privacy management framework
- Apply judgement to anticipate and identify privacy issues arising through the business.
- Lead the provision of privacy advice for high priority projects.
- Work closely with the other lawyers in the Chief Legal Office in relation to the provision or advice and guidance to ASIC lawyers and staff
- Manage and oversee ASIC's Data Breach Notification plan.
- Lead ASIC's compliance with the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing privacy advice to government agencies that hold sensitive and confidential information. You will have a good understanding of the privacy legislation, legislation that applies to Commonwealth agencies and the ability to apply this knowledge to ASIC's work. You must hold a legal qualification to undertake this role and be eligible to hold a Restricted Government Legal Practising Certificate in NSW and/or another State or territory.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached Position description for more information or click ‘apply' to submit your application.