Forensic Analyst | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description SS EL 1 Forensic Analyst.pdf (PDF, 90KB)
- Contribute to large investigations and litigation activities undertaken by ASIC
- Attractive salary from $104,617 - $115,340 (depending on experience) with generous superannuation contributions of 15.4%
- Fulltime ongoing position, to be based in Melbourne
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Specialist Services comprises four core teams, Evidence Services, Forensic Accounting Services, Knowledge Management and Specialist Support and Reporting. These teams provide a range of services to support ASIC's investigation and surveillance activities, including the capture, analysis and presentation of data, supporting ASIC's litigation activities and leading business improvement strategies.
The Evidence Services Forensic (ESF) team provides a computer forensic analysis service that involves utilising highly specialised technology, tools and equipment to gather and preserve electronically stored information for analysis and investigation. ESF also provides internet related investigation support to ASIC staff nationally.
In this role, you will apply your digital forensics expertise and analytical ability to:
- Perform forensic analysis using a range of tools and advanced technologies on a range of devices such as computers, hard drives and mobile phones.
- Extract and interpret system data to identify trends and abnormalities.
- Provide technical advice and support to ASIC's surveillance and enforcement teams undertaking investigations
- Attend search warrants to perform forensic analysis and triage functions.
- Monitor and keep abreast of industry developments and trends
- Coach peers to assist with developing skills within the team
You will bring to this role a wealth of experience as a computer forensic analyst along with an understanding of investigations and litigation processes. Demonstrated work experience in a legal/consulting practice, or law enforcement agency, with a strong emphasis on technology and evidence-based skills will be highly regarded.
As the ideal applicant you enjoy analysing file and operating systems to find trends and patterns in data to connect the dots, including having specialist knowledge to utilise and apply sophisticated computer-based technology for extracting and analysing complex data.
A tertiary qualification in Information Technology or data/forensic analysis is required to undertake this position.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the role available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.