Administrative Support Officer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - DCI - Administrative Support Officer .pdf (PDF, 143KB)
Administrative Support Officer
- Provide high level support to ASIC's Investors & Financial Consumer team
- Further your career and develop your skills in a regulatory environment!
- Sydney based, fulltime non-ongoing position for 18 months
- Annual salary from $52,339 to $56,484 (depending on experience) with generous superannuation contributions of 15.4%
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The work of Deposit Takers, Credit & Insurers (DCI) focuses on consumer banking, consumer credit (including mortgage broking), insurance providers, electronic payment providers and traditional trustee companies. The team's work in research and industry surveillance improves outcomes for consumers and industry. The team also actively engages with industry stakeholders to understand and facilitate innovation in consumer financial services.
In this role, you will apply your professional and administrative abilities to:
- Provide a high level of administrative support to the DCI Senior Leadership team, whilst at times working within an autonomous environment.
- Provide secretarial support prior & during meetings particularly in relation to document preparation and follow ups
- Provide administrative support to project deliverables within set timeframes and guidelines
- Coordinate and schedule both internal and external meetings including appropriate arrangement of available resources
- Managing procurement processes by creating, maintaining and closing purchase orders and contracts via ASIC's document management and finance systems
- Undertake travel and accommodation bookings for ASIC staff including credit card acquittals
- Ensuring workflow is effectively and efficiently managed in accordance with service level agreements
- Developing and maintaining effective and collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships
As the ideal candidate you will have previous experience providing high level executive support to a number of Senior Managers. As the successful candidate you will be a highly organised individual with the ability to prioritise a busy workload including strong written and verbal communications skills.
You will be required to demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement including calendar management skills with sound experience in a range of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please view the attached position description for more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.