Analyst - Misconduct & Breach Reporting | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ASIC3 Analyst.pdf (PDF, 77KB)
- Do you have an eye for detail and excellent time management?
- Multiple permanent and contract roles available in Brisbane CBD
- Competitive salary on offer, $66,714 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
ASIC is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator. At ASIC, there is good reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take and every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and well-being.
Misconduct and Breach Reporting is a national team of professionals responsible for the assessment and action on reports of alleged misconduct and breach notifications received by ASIC from members of the public and regulated businesses.
As an ASIC 3 Analyst you will:
- assess, manage and report on misconduct and breach reports of moderate complexity;
- coordinate appropriate inquiries using databases, liaise with external stakeholders, and exercise ASIC's compulsory powers to assist in the timely and accurate assessment of misconduct and breach reports;
- conduct research and prepare recommendations on a range of issues relating to the assessment of matters involving the Corporations Act, ASIC Act and other relevant legislation;
- exercise sound judgement and make recommendations aligned with ASIC's strategic priorities;
- communicate with internal and external stakeholders in relation to reports of misconduct.
You will have the ability to analyse complex information, making decisions and exercising judgement daily. Your prior experience in client service and case or relationship management, gained within financial services, legal, regulatory or corporate environment will see you succeed. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have the skills to prioritise your workload, solve complex problems and engage with various stakeholders.
A tertiary qualification in commerce, law, accounting or finance is highly desirable.
This role will provide you with varied work across the broad remit of ASIC's mandate, interaction with internal and external stakeholders and an opportunity to demonstrate your sound decision making, strategic thinking and communication skills.
At the ASIC 3 level, you will be assessing and managing reports of moderate complexity across a variety of areas (including corporate governance, financial services, credit, financial markets and insolvency).
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.
Please note that, if your application is short-listed, you will be required to attend a half day assessment centre at our Brisbane office
Brisbane: Wednesday, 3 October 2018, at 9:00 AM to 13:00 PM
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application