Editor | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position description - Editor, Corporate Affairs.pdf (PDF, 138KB)
- Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for plain language?
- Would you like to work with ASIC authors to produce clear and effective regulatory publications?
- This is a non-ongoing, full-time position for 18 months and is based in Sydney
- Full time, or part time 4 days per week
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
This role is based in the Editing team, which is part of the Corporate Affairs group. The team provides professional editing of external documents published on ASIC's corporate website.
In this role you will apply your editing and communication skills to:
- Produce new and updated regulatory documents that are clear, concise, accurate and consistent
- Consult and negotiate with authors and other subject matter experts to deliver regulatory documents that meet the needs of target audiences
- Guide authors on creating and updating regulatory documents in line with ASIC templates, style and publishing standards.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience editing complex information for a variety of audiences within tight timeframes. You will understand technical or legal editing and publishing processes and be able to guide authors through them. This role requires you to have high-level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and knowledge of Government accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0).
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.