Finance Officer (Unclaimed Monies) | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Finance Operations - ASIC2 Finance Officer (Unclaimed Monies) - 201810.pdf (PDF, 168KB)
- Utilise your customer service and analytical skills to process unclaimed monies
- Competitive salary from $52,339 to $62,619 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Numerous positions available (both non-going AND ongoing) based in Brisbane CBD
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Finance team provides a range of financial support and analysis services to all of ASIC internal stakeholders. Finance Operations provides direct financial support to the various business units including Administered receipts (i.e. company returns), Administered debt, Fee Waivers, Departmental Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Taxation, Unclaimed Monies and Industry Funding.
- process unclaimed monies receipts, records and payments with respect to the Corporations Act, Life Insurance Act and Banking Act
- handle general inquiries from the public and other bodies regarding unclaimed monies matters
- input of claims for payment in to an Oracle Enterprise Taxation Management (ETM) system
- liaise with other ASIC work areas and government agencies as required
- Secondary education certificate or diploma
- Experience in customer service and working in a team environment
- Experience in data entry using a variety of software applications
- Experience in following procedures and defined processed accurately and in a timely manner
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.