Storage & Backup Engineer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| PD - EL 2 Storage and Backup Engineer - End User Infrastructure 201810.pdf (PDF, 134KB)
- From $118,513 to $137,829 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Sydney CBD location
- 12 month opportunity
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in several areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud. We make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics which will make ASIC a ‘best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
As a Storage and Backup Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing system design, implementation, improvement and maintenance of backup and storage
- Participating as the key technical resource for the storage and backup platforms in technology projects
- Developing data management strategies, system recovery plans and disaster recovery exercises
- Monitoring developments in software and hardware associated with the backup and storage infrastructure to improve systems and services
- Providing technical services and recommendations for ASIC in complex storage and backup environments
- Resolving technical issues, review roots cause of incidents and make continuous improvements to technology environment and products
- Analysing and resolving complex hardware/software issues associated with backup related technologies and storage & server platforms including NetBackup, NetApp, Data Domain, Enterprise Vault, EMC, HP, HDS, NetApp and others
- Capacity planning of the storage and backup platforms
- Performing after hours support in an on-call rotation schedule as required
You will have 6+ years' experience working as a Storage and Backup Engineer in a medium to large environment, with knowledge of project management frameworks. You will be a team player, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to think critically.
Requisite technical skills include:
- Administration of Veritas NetBackup, Enterprise Vault and associated components
- Server operating systems (eg Sun Solaris, Linux, or Microsoft Windows)
- Backup and archiving infrastructure management
- Technical knowledge of VMware, HP server infrastructure and other Virtualisation Technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure & AWS technologies
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.