Network Engineer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| PD - Converged Networks Engineer.pdf (PDF, 110KB)
- Salary from $118,513 to $137,829 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Sydney CBD location
- Non-ongoing, 12 month position, with the possibility of extension
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in several areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud.
The Converged Networks team have operational accountability for networking, telephony and video communications services across ASIC. Delivery of project outcomes for the Converged Networks, IT Operations teams and the wider IT group is also a key part of the delivery requirements.
As a Network Engineer, you will be required to:
- Design, develop, implement and support Network Infrastructure components
- Be hands on with a wide range of Cisco equipment, including but not limited to IOS-XE, NXOS, Wave accelerators and Cisco Wireless
- Design best practice converged services with the ability to factor in technologies such as Skype for Business, Hyperconverged Compute, storage, Video Conferencing, Telephony, PCOIP, mobility and Cloud
- Configure and support the Solarwinds Orion platform
- Resolve incident and service request tickets
You will have 5+ years' hands on experience working with Network Infrastructure components within the Cisco product line, along with a strong skill set in trouble shooting and the automation of network processes. You will be a team player, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to think critically. You will also have a thirst for learning and a drive to improve IT environments.
Requisite technical skills include:
- Minimum CCNP certification
- Experience working with Cisco equipment and services, specifically IOS-XE, NXOS, Wave accelerators and Cisco Wireless (WLC, ISE, CMX and Prime), DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, OTV
- Experience with Solarwinds Orion platform
- Experience with Telephony and Video Conferencing technologies including Skype for Business
- Demonstrated understanding of Cloud Technologies in the Network space and how these can be leveraged
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.