Executive Remuneration Specialist - Corporate Governance Taskforce | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Corporations - EL2 Executive Rem Spec CG Taskforce - 201810 (1).docx (Word, 107KB)
Executive Remuneration Specialist
- A role in a specialist task force focusing on corporate governance
- $118,513 to $166,066 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- 18-month position based in Sydney or Melbourne
The Corporate Governance Taskforce is a two year program, designed to improve corporate governance practices in large listed entities through a greater insight into and transparency around (i) the role of directors and officers in overseeing non-financial risk; and (ii) executive remuneration.
- work within a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake regulatory tasks against Taskforce plan deliverables. Specifically, this will involve working across both Taskforce workstreams to:
- provide insight into current market practices and influences;
- provide advice and conduct research on domestic and international trends in remuneration practices;
- provide insight into the expected underlying behaviours, conduct and culture being incentivised or disincentivised by the manner in which remuneration is being structured;
- provide training and share knowledge on executive remuneration issues to the Taskforce and other ASIC teams as required;
- review technical remuneration aspects of documents and other information considered by the Taskforce;
- conduct data driven analysis to identify practices, trends, concerns and anomalies;
- liaise with and attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders and other service providers on executive remuneration issues
- provide insight in assessment methodologies in relation to the Taskforce's review of executive remuneration
- supervise the work of other less experienced Taskforce team members where required; and
- under the direction of the Project Lead, contribute to Taskforce reporting requirements and develop recommendations that respond to ASIC's strategic priorities.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree.
- Significant experience in executive remuneration working within a regulatory environment or corporate/professional services firm.
- Significant practical knowledge of executive variable remuneration structures, practices and procedures and how remuneration stakeholders interact.
- Practical knowledge of current market practices/trends in executive remuneration and understanding of how executive remuneration influences performance, conduct and culture.
- Knowledge of or exposure to ASIC's regulatory functions and relevant legislation, policies and procedures is desirable
- An interest in corporate governance issues is essential.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.