Investigative Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - MS - EL1 - Investigative Analyst - 20190409.pdf (PDF, 127KB)
- The Participant Enquiry Team has an exciting opportunity for an Investigative Analyst to join the team. We are looking for a high performing and motivated candidate.
- Salary from $104,617 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Sydney CBD location, Ongoing role
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Participant Enquiry Team sits within the Market Supervision team which is part of the broader Markets group in ASIC. The role of the Market Supervision team is to ensure fair and efficient financial markets by supervising the conduct of intermediaries in listed and over the counter markets.
The Participant Enquiry Team is responsible for assessing, investigating and providing advice on appropriate regulatory action regarding breaches of the ASIC Market Integrity Rules and Corporations Act 2001.
As an Analyst within the Participant Enquiry Team, you will be responsible for:
- Assessing potential breaches of the Market Integrity Rules and the Corporations Act by Market Participants.
- Analysing evidence, trading data, documents and/or computer-based records to determine what evidence is available to support potential breaches.
- Where appropriate, investigate trading and Market Participant behaviour and participate in developing and recommending appropriate regulatory actions.
You will be type of person that enjoys working autonomously and make decision regarding their matters. Ideally, you will have experience in compliance, risk or business analyst role within a financial services environment or a regulatory environment. You will display strong understanding of the Market Integrity Rules, Corporations Act and Australian Financial Services License conditions. Experience in presenting complex information to various audiences and providing strategic and technical advice on matters would be an advantage.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.