Industry Funding Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Finance - EL 1 - IFM Analyst - 201811 (3).pdf (PDF, 109KB)
ndustry Funding Analyst
- $104,617 to $115,340 (depending on experience) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Non-Ongoing role based in Sydney CBD
- Provide expert excel modelling, analysis, advice and support
The Finance team is responsible for partnering with business managers across ASIC to provide financial information to improve decision making, ensure compliance with relevant legislative and statutory obligations, and support budgetary control of all activities undertaken to achieve ASIC's strategic priorities.
A project is currently implementing the finance stream of ASIC's industry funding model based on the recovery of costs from those who create the need for regulation and those that benefit from a regulated market and financial system.
- Provide expert excel modelling, analysis, advice and support for the Finance stream of the industry funding arrangements, a complex cross functional program
- Provide specialist high level advice on the arrangements
- Calculate costs in accordance with agreed Cost Recovery Guidelines maintained by the Department of Finance
- Prepare financial tables and provide analysis for publishing in ASIC's Cost Recovery Implementation Statement
- Assist in the development and implementation of any changes/updates to ASIC cost recovery Framework
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on cost allocations. This includes actively monitoring progress against the corporate plans, data and communication with business units
- Managing internal Finance and external ASIC relationships with relevant stakeholders, project personnel and business units
- Implementing changes in processes, procedures and systems and monitoring the outcomes of these changes.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT, Accounting, Finance or Commerce
- Experience in software applications utilising analysis and reporting tools and data warehouses, database management, and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive exposure to the reporting, budgeting and forecasting functionality of financial reporting systems (knowledge of Hyperion and PeopleSoft will be highly regarded)
- Financial services background desirable
- Financial management of projects including detailed forecasting and tracking
- Experience in managing complex matters and projects is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to customer service excellence and professional representation combined with proven ability to communicate and accept responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to organise, analyse and disseminate financial information succinctly with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated track record of developing finance and business models, including working with key stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes for the business
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.