Group Senior Manager - Market Conduct | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| PD - Group Senior Manager_Market Conduct 201902.pdf (PDF, 161KB)
- Sydney CBD Location
- Drive strategic outcomes and change
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
The Market Conduct team sits within ASIC's Market Supervision unit. It seeks to ensure trust and confidence in Australia's financial markets by regulating market intermediaries, including market participants, investment banks, securities dealers and issuers of over-the-counter (OTC) products.
The Market Conduct team supervises the conduct of market intermediaries on listed and OTC markets, including their trading and capital raising activities. There are three sub-teams, as well as a number of Senior Specialists, that report to you:
- Intermediary Supervision – undertakes front-line supervision and relationship management of market intermediaries
- Exchange Intermediary Compliance – monitors and reviews exchange intermediaries' compliance with the Market Integrity Rules and Corporations Act. The Participant Enquiry team, which takes administrative action against market participants, reports into the manager of this team
- OTC Intermediary Compliance – monitors and reviews OTC intermediaries' (wholesale and retail) compliance with the Corporations Act
In this highly strategic role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of ASIC's strategy for overseeing market intermediaries and business planning for Market Conduct. You will be responsible for:
- Driving a culture of agility, resilience, regulatory expertise and collaboration
- Leading a large, multi-skilled team to achieve outcomes and business plan objectives
- Leading emerging projects to ensure successful and timely market-based outcomes
- Championing change initiatives within your team, including embedding an enhanced onsite approach to supervision
- Identifying domestic and global strategic, technical and policy issues, and developing possible approaches and solutions
- Developing and maintaining key external and internal relationships with stakeholders, including senior representatives of market intermediaries and international regulators
- Representing ASIC through public speaking and attendance at conferences, supervisory colleges and roundtables
- Managing financial and staff resources, including operational budgets
You will have extensive experience in providing strategic direction to diversely-skilled teams, and in financial markets, market intermediaries or market regulation. You will also demonstrate deep knowledge of risk and compliance issues and ideally have international experience.
This role calls for a passionate leader, with a drive to build and harness strong, agile and innovative teams, and the ability to shape the strategic direction of the team. A confident stakeholder manager, you will be able to build, maintain and utilise industry networks to ensure the success of your team's outcomes.
Tertiary qualifications in law, accounting, finance or a business related discipline are also required.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.