Application developer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| IT - Digital Applicaitons - Applicaiton developer.pdf (PDF, 147KB)
- $92,123 + bonus
- Excellent company culture and career progression
- Non-ongoing 18 month role based in Sydney
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud.
The Digital Applications team deliver and support a wide range of digital services to internal and external stakeholders. We make use of the latest technology, focusing on developing digital portals and applications that will provide the best user experience to our stakeholder groups, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
- Actively developing and deploying form solutions using a proprietary form engine
- Working closely with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Business/Functional Analysts to transform requirement into best practices solutions
- Contributing to function and non-function requirements by analysing technical and end-user impacts
- Providing feedback to business or functional areas to influence process/product improvements
- Creation and maintenance of development standards, best practices and technical documentation
- Providing Level 3 support. Assisting Level 1 and Level 2 Support Analysts to resolve issues
- Improving systems/services to ensure user requirements and business objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
It is essential that the successful candidate possesses minimum 2 years technical BA or system analyst/development experience. The candidate will need to have well developed communication and people skills as they will be working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in information technology or engineering
- Minimum 2 years technical BA or system analyst/development experience
- Understanding of WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines and experience in developing accessible user interfaces, is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology and CI/CD process, is highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.