Senior Manager, Regtech - Business Solutions | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| SeniorManager,RegtechBusinessSolutions PD.pdf (PDF, 117KB)
- Strategic Intelligence
- $142,641 to $169,387 plus 15.4% superannuation and performance bonus
- Sydney or Melbourne
- Ongoing permanent
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
ASIC's Strategy Group, which is central to ASIC's strategic direction and policy setting, comprises five core teams: International Strategy, Strategic Intelligence, Financial capability, the Behavioural Research and Policy Unit and Strategic Policy.
ASIC's Strategic Intelligence team provides clear and actionable research that promotes evidence-based decision making by our people. The team offers a range of general and specialist research skills to help detect misconduct and better understand financial markets and products.
As Senior Manager, Regtech and Business Solutions you will:
- lead and develop a team of data and business analysts to work in partnership with business teams to identify opportunities for the use of data analytics to solve business problems; optimise business processes through the deployment of data analytics and communicate effectively and manage expectations on the use of data analytics to serve business needs
- help drive ASIC's data analytics agenda, culture and roadmap including ASIC's agenda to promote use of technology to support improved risk management and compliance outcomes
- guide a team developing and supporting state-of-the-art analytics capabilities and decision tools for application across ASIC's businesses, and apply these to promote ASIC's guidance, supervisory and enforcement outcomes
- as part a centre of specialist expertise, support business teams conducting operational data analysis and work with them and other business units across ASIC to develop their analytics capability
- thinking strategically to contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of ASIC's data analytics strategy
- developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, industry groups and other regulatory bodies
- working closely with ASIC's Chief Data Office and Information Technology business units
- influencing business teams in the opportunities and applications of data analytics in response to business needs
- contributing to the leadership of the Strategic Intelligence team.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- substantial experience working in a role in identifying business problems and proposing solutions, likely to have been gained in a regulatory, corporate, consulting, or government environment
- understanding and practical knowledge of regulatory frameworks and approaches applicable in the financial services and markets sectors
- understanding of the application and implementation of data analytical methods to business problems
- management skills, including people, project, client and stakeholder relationship management
- stakeholder management experience including building, maintaining and utilising industry networks
- strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts and influence decision-makers.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.