Practice Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Non-ongoing - Temporary|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ME - EL2 - Practice Manager - 20190515.pdf (PDF, 130KB)
- Coordinate enforcement support for the Markets Enforcement team.
- Salary from $118,513 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- 18 months non-ongoing role
- Sydney or Melbourne location
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds who are open to challenging the way things are done.
Teams in the Markets group ensure trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets by regulating infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets.
Market Enforcement investigates suspected market misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of the Corporations Act and Market Integrity Rules.
In this position you will be required to:
- Ensure the effective delivery of support services across the enforcement team.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance and identify areas for continuous improvement, including the enhanced use of technology, and training.
- Develop and maintain key external relationships with stakeholders, discuss industry and regulatory issues and encourage improved industry practice.
- Oversee team resource allocation, enforcement outsourcing, onboarding for new staff.
- Lead and manage a small team of Enforcement Support Officers.
To be considered for this role, you will need display highly advanced organisational, problem solving, and stakeholder management skills coupled with excellent judgement and an ability to own and drive work with limited guidance. We are looking for someone with skills and experience in the areas of business management, quality assurance, project management, vendor management, business and process analysis, and business reporting. Experience managing staff, and implementing projects involving multiple stakeholders would be highly advantageous. An understanding of financial services, regulation and enforcement is desirable.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.