Senior Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Permanent|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - ME - EL2 - Senior Manager - 201905.pdf (PDF, 131KB)
- Lead a team contributing to building trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets
- Salary from $139,844 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Ongoing role
- Sydney or Melbourne location
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds who are open to challenging the way things are done.
Teams in the Markets group ensure trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets by regulating infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets.
Market Enforcement investigates suspected market misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of the Corporations Act and Market Integrity Rules.
In this position you will be required to:
- Manage commencement of civil proceedings, work with the Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and take administrative action in appropriate cases
- lead and manage a team to achieve business plan objectives and manage the investigation of matters through to successful completion.
- develop and maintain key external relationships with stakeholders, to discuss industry and regulatory issues and encourage improved industry practice.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have broad experience in managing a diversely skilled team and investigating crime, with exposure to financial services, financial markets related and/or credit investigations. You will display strong abilities in planning, conducting and managing complex regulatory activities such as high-profile investigation, litigation and compliance monitoring activities. Proven experience exercising sound judgement in the identification of relevant issues, selection of the most appropriate solution and its implementation, especially in a regulatory environment, also essential, as is holding a relevant bachelor's degree.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) in addition to obtaining a Government Security Clearance which is issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.