Senior Supervisor, Close & Continuous Monitoring | Melbourne
|Attachments:|| Position Description - CCM - Senior Supervisor - EL2 - 201906.pdf (PDF, 113KB)
- Be a part of ASIC's onsite supervision team engaging with large financial services institutions
- Analyse organisational and management practices and communicate their effect to encourage behavioural change
- Melbourne CBD location
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The Close & Continuous Monitoring team was launched in October 2018 and is responsible for delivering ASIC's new onsite supervisory approach. A key goal of this supervisory approach is to get better outcomes for consumers by engaging closely with the large financial services institutions' operating environment in order to influence their behaviour, particularly in identifying and managing non-financial risk.
In this senior role you will contribute to the successful delivery of ASIC's onsite supervisory program through:
- holding discussions with a range of staff at financial institutions to understand their non-financial risks, regulatory obligations and cultural drivers, and encourage behavioural change
- leading the analysis of intelligence and complex data to identify emerging and existing risks, to prevent them from developing or increasing
- assessing and measuring conduct and culture that mitigates against good governance and compliance, and that might result in consumer harm
- formulating insight into themes and key learnings through supervisory activities, and
- contributing to ASIC's regulatory objectives by engaging with other ASIC teams to deliver more strategic regulation of these entities.
The role is based in Melbourne and will require interstate travel.
To be successful in this role you will be naturally curious, use analysis to make logical conclusions, and enjoy thinking on your feet. You will be confident engaging with and challenging others, particularly at the executive level, and facilitating exploratory discussions. You will be able to analyse complex material and pull together sources of information to build a strategic picture. Your writing skills will include the ability to communicate clear messages about complex issues. Your broad knowledge of business models, business operations and regulatory requirements in the Australian financial services sector will be essential. A background in credit, banking or regulation will also be relevant.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. We are also a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team. As a member of the Close and Continuous Monitoring team you will need to provide enhanced conflict or potential conflicts disclosure, on a continuing basis. Experience in working in large financial institutions in the past 2 years will need to be assessed in this context.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.