Senior Lawyer/Investigator, Markets Enforcement | Melbourne
|Attachments:|| EL2 Senior Lawyer ME - Position-Description - 20190403.pdf (PDF, 123KB)
EL2 Senior Investigator ME - Position-Description - 20190417.pdf (PDF, 125KB)
- Project-manage high profile investigations and litigation
- Permanent opportunities, Sydney or Melbourne CBD location
- Salary from $120,338 to $140,586 + 15.4% superannuation + performance bonus
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
ASIC regulates market infrastructure providers, market participants, investment banks, market conduct, trading issues and supervision of listed and OTC markets, to ensure trust and confidence in Australia's Financial markets.
Markets Enforcement investigates suspected market misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of the Corporations Act and Market Integrity Rules. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action through the Market Disciplinary Panel.
As a Senior Lawyer or Senior Investigator, you will play an important role in leading complex investigations and regulatory litigation on behalf of ASIC.
You will be required to:
- Project manage complex investigations into suspected misconduct
- Provide written and oral briefings to Senior Executives and Commissioners
- Represent ASIC at external stakeholder events
- Provide advice regarding evidence and the use of ASICs statutory powers
- Provide recommendations for the management of investigations and identify and resolve issues requiring further assessment
- Commence and conduct civil litigation and criminal prosecutions in the Supreme and Federal Courts, including briefing and instructing counsel and where appropriate recovering costs of litigations
- Compile briefs for the Commonwealth Department of Public Prosecution (CDPP) and assist them to prepare and conduct criminal prosecutions
- Compile administrative briefs to ASIC delegates and representing ASIC at delegates hearings
Providing professional advice, guidance and coaching others to success is an important part of this role.
We are looking for people with an inquisitive and analytical mind set who are comfortable working with complex information in a changing environment. You will enjoy having accountability for leading investigations and working with a team to meet time sensitive deadlines.
To be considered for this role, you will hold tertiary qualifications in law, accounting, finance or similar, and have significant experience project managing complex investigations and/or litigation. You will demonstrate an ability to prioritise work and be an articulate communicator with exceptional written skills. You will also be adept in analysing and working with large volumes of digital information.
Relevant experience from a regulatory environment, law enforcement, criminal law or corporate/ commercial law will also be highly regarded. However, we value a diverse range of experience and encourage candidates who are interested in transferring their skillset to ASIC to apply.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.